February 08, 2006

Wedding Dresses

It was brought to my attention yesterday that I have only posted once since Christmas...I am getting pretty slack. Especially since this is one of the main resources I was using at one point to help me monitor my progress in this oh so fun journey of weightloss. This, combined with my weight watchers meeting last night pointed me to the number one reason why I haven't been as successful in these past few months as I was in teh beginning...ACCOUNTABILITY!

So I am hoping to atleast post here once a week...once a day is a bitmuch since I had been posting once a month for a while. Eventually it would be nice to get myself up to a once a day post, but don't hold your breath (all 3 people who read this) just yet.

So what has been happening in my life you ask...well I just got back from visiting my best friend Heather in Grande Cache Alberta (Don't feel bad if you have no idea where that is, I didn't either). Talk about a beautiful part of the country...I had never seen mountains before, and they were in her backyard. I loved it there! And to top it off, she is training for what is called the Death Race (she is in amazing shape!) and went for a run pretty much every day we were there. I didn't want her to feel bad for leaving me alone, so I went with her...that is right, I ran most of the days I was on vacation. And not just a little bit either. I mean I didn't get up to her 6 miles a day...but I was running almost 4 (3.8)...which is over 6 kilometers. It felt fantastic to do that first thing in the morning!

Oh and we went to the West Edmonton Mall...Holy Huge! And Heather decides that I should try on some wedding dresses. I said taht I am not even near ther weight I want to be for the wedding (it is over a year away) and that it will just discourage me to see how far away I am from my goals, and she said she wouldn't take no for an answer (she is really hard to say no to in the first place). So off we went to the "bridal boutique" section of the mall. The first store we went to was really prissy and wouldn't let us in without an appointment (plus they were snobby!) so I said lets just forget it for now, but I was convinced to go to anotehr store. The girls at this store were SO NICE, and they looked at me, grabbed two dresses and put me in a changing room...they said don't look at the size, just try the darn things on.

So I slipped into the first one, walked out and saw the look on Heather (and Vanessa who was also hanging out with us at the mall...Thanks Vee!!) and thought...what, is taht a bad look or a good look? Then I got up on the little stand thing adn looked in teh mirror and my jaw literally dropped. HOLY CRAP! I actually looked fab-u-lous in the dress...and I am still a big girl...and I wanted to cry just knowing that I would look great on my wedding even if I didn't get down to 145 pounds like I want to be (although I am still going to be trying mighty hard). So then I try the next dress on, and this time, when I looked in the mirror, there was no "felt like crying", I actually teared up. And so did Heather...and I am almost positive that I have found my dress! Then they go and put a veil and tiara on me, and I didn't wantto move from in front of that mirror. I know now why people pay so much for wedding dresses, they are miracle workers! They take any flaw you have and hide it, and they enhance all your positive attributes! it made my vacation so fabulous, and I haven't been able to stop weding planning since! And to top it off, the dress was 2 sizes smaller than I wore in Heather's wedding in September, and it is made my the same designer, and it was still a bit big. Ahhh so Fabulous!

On another note (kind of back to where I started on in this post) I need to journal what I eat every day...this is the key for me, and I need to get in my exercise, which usually isn't a problem, if I want to be successful. To end on a fabulous quote that I read at the gym in Grande Cache....

WITHOUT A STRUGGLE THERE IS NO PROGRESS

8 comments:

Thérèse said...

:)

That's like my mantra.

Nothing worth having ever comes easy.

I miss you Caro.

Thérèse said...

And for the record...

You are beautiful, you always were beautiful, and you always will be beautiful.

I never doubted for one second that you'll make a ridiculously beautiful bride, inspiring a little jealousy in all the girls, on your wedding day.

Carolyn said...

:) Trex you are so sweet...that wa a really great thing to say and you made me smile...a smile that will be there all day!

Carolyn said...

And I miss you and wish I could be part of some of your fun stories...I live vicariously through your girl's night out/poker nights/fun times stories, since there are no girls where I live ;)

Thérèse said...

I am hoping to go to Ontario this summer... a little detour to Kincardine for a coupla days or a weekend might be in order...

Carolyn said...

If you are going to be in Ontario, and anywhere near kincardine in the summer, you have to come! The beaches here will knock your socks off I promise!

*Hopefully you won't be wearing socks at the beach, just trying to let you know how fabulous it is!

Krystle said...

Carol, I teared up at your mention of the wedding dress. Only a year away. Craziness! All my little gfs are growing up *sniffle*

We should really set up a time after the snow is gone for me to come and visit. I aaaamm only 2 hours away :)

Carolyn said...

My door is wide open, you and Matt can come and visit any time you'd like...it would be so nice to see someone from home!!