August 11, 2009

I can't believe I am saying this....


So, I have been so happy this summer to not have a strict running regime to stick to,. After training for and completing the 1/2 at Marathon by the Sea in 2007 and the Full Marathon in 2008, I was anxious to have a summer where running didn't dictate my evenings/weekends. I have been keeping myself busy with lots of other activities, and getting a run in here and there, but nothing strict or formal. I have had many people asking me if I was going to be doing another marathon this year and I laughed ans said never again. Maybe someday another 1/2, but not a full.

I thought I was happy with not running. But to be true to myself I would see people out running and long for the discipline and high that comes with running. So I started a strict and somewhat intense 8 week schedule to get ready for the 1/2 at Marathon by the Sea again this year...the countdown is on. As soon as I made the decision I felt more fit and more focused then I have in a long time. 1 week in, I have completed all of the scheduled runs and am feeling awesome!

If only I could have the same strict control over food I would be set. I am trying hard to stay on plan and write down what I eat. More on that later.

No comments: