September 22, 2005

Frustration

I haven't posted in a few weeks...and I am now biting the bullet and posting to explain why.

I have gained a few pounds over the last few weeks, my weight last week and this week were both up. A total of only 4 pounds, so it isn't the end of the world by any means, and as much as I hate to admit it, I know exactly why. When I got back from the Wedding in New Brunswick I weighed in and I was down 3 pounds...I was thrilled because I didn't really pay very close attention to what I ate when I was home. So it kind of gave me a false sense of security in that I could do the same all the time. And to top it off I have had 2 weekends that included licorice and nachos (they just go so well with movies)...both of which are problem foods for me that ALWAYS lead to over eating. 1 or 2 Nibs, I think not, the whole bag more like it.

So this is my confession post...as much as I hate to post bad reults I need to do it and I need to keep myself accountable. I recommitted to journaling my food and activity yesterday and am fully committed to going back to the basics and rereading a lot of my "motivational" material.

2 comments:

Thérèse said...

It's ok, Caro.

The toughest part of any journey like this one is maintaining, even when you fall of the wagon, so to speak.

It doesn't mean that you're set back, and I'm glad you're not letting yourself get completely discouraged. This just means the the journey is a teensy bit longer. That's all. :)

Anonymous said...

hey its ok, just look at it like look how much weight you have lost. Im a 13 year old, i weight 170, i hate it, i have been trying for almost a year to loose weight, but every time i loose weight it comes back on, even when i am eating right :s, but like i said, dont let 2 pounds throw you off, every day is a diffrent day, like my sister, shes 21 and she weights 109 :@, and some days shes'll way 111, then the mext she'll be right back down to 109, anyways, good luck and i hope all turnds out best.