June 25, 2011

My 31st Year

I can't believe that it is almost the end of June...that means almost my birthday...almost 31 WOW!
I can;t wait to put 30 behind me. The number doesn't bother me at all. My daughter was born this year, which was amazing, and thankfully what kept me going throughout the otherwise hardest year of my life. How something so tiny and innocent can become my hero I will never know, but she did it! Unfortunately, there are also many special occassions from my 30th year that are marked with pain and sadness and I am ready to put that all behind me. The 31st year can only be better. Things are looking up, I am feeling like a different person than I did last year at this time, and I am hoping to replace all of the pain and sadness in the special occasions of the past year with amazing family memories this year.

I have learned how to think for myself, take care of myself, be true to myself and most importantly how to never give up on what I believe in, what I know in my gut and in my heart is right. I am still holding on, not giving up, and hoping for the outcome I have been hoping for all year. I once thought that this dedication was a character flaw, that I was weak for holding on, believing, waiting. I now believe it to be a strength. I admire myself for not giving up when times were tough. No matter what other people think or believe, I know that I am being true to myself and that is all that matters.  When this is all behind me I will be a much stronger person. I just really really can't wait to say it is all behind me :)

2 comments:

kelly said...

Happy Birthday beautiful lady! I love your optimism. Always wishing the best for you! Love, Kelly

Carolyn said...

Thanks Kel. Miss you :)