June 16, 2005

Could it be true???

This week I was down 2 pounds...getting really close to that 30 pound mark...I can't believe it...I figured that my scale was just lyeing to me! And I actually couldn't really see a BIG difference until now...but I could definitely feel the difference. With the heat wave that was here for the last week I was sure I was going to feel gross and disgusting as I usually do with hot weather (sweat pours out for between the rolls and it isn't pretty)...but that didn't happen. In fact, there were fewer rolls for the sweat to pour from...and I guess having 30 less pounds means I sweat less as well....it was great (well it was freaking hot...but still great).

I just came from the washroom where I had to go primp myself after my walk to work, and I was looking in the mirror...I thought I saw something when I looked, but it couldn't be true....I lifted my shirt up a bit to investigate this unknown thing further, was it possible....were my eyes playing tricks on me...no they were not, it WAS true...to my surprise it WAS really there. A waist!!!! One that actually curves in....this was more then I could ask for. I have never had a waist...well technically I have always had one...but not one that was smaller than the rest of my torso, unless you counted the crevice between the rolls, which I don't think counts. I am excited about this, even though to others it is no big deal. I am very very excited.

Next body part goal.....cute bum;)

2 comments:

Thérèse said...

I can totally see you doing a double take in the mirror, then looking around to make sure no one is looking, then checking yourself out.

:)

It is the small encouraging things that sustain us through any journey of this sort.

I love you, Caro.

Carolyn said...

That is totally what I did...even listened to hear if anyone was coming ;)