July 27, 2005

ALMOST 10%

Yesterday I got to go to Smiths Falls with my Josh since he had to write a test for a job he is hoping to get and hence I was not able to go to my usual WW meeting. Instead I decided to go on Monday and I was pretty excited cause I only had 1 pound to loose to get my awesome pewter keychain, which represents that you have lost 10% of your original starting weight...for me this is 37.5 pounds (but 22 since I started WW). They say that if you lose this much weight you have decreased your risk for many diseases by quite a substantial amount (In theory I have already reached this mark...but in the official ww records I have not)... So I was all excited when I went to the meeting, and I stepped on the scales, and I was only down 0.5 pounds...that 1 extra day may have been enough...stinking Mondays!

So I need to lose 0.5 pounds this week to get my keychain...very doable. I went to Macdonald's for fries and nuggets last night, I don't think that is going to help...but I just needed a grease fix ;) So the sail is set for a (rest of) week on track so that I can get the keychain. And then I am on my way to hitting the 40 pound mark. It would be great to be in Onederland (i.e. the 100's) by the time I go home at the end of August for a wedding...here is hoping!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey how you doing, i am sorry about the phone calls, i will explain to you tomorrow.i think you are doing awsome on your weight loss journy, i am so very proud of you,wish i had your willpower. love you talk to you tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Carolyn, good luck with this week's weigh in. I'm sure you lose the 1/2 pound and a bit more.

:) Megan