July 15, 2005

Nerves

Do you ever get nervous about something that really shouldn't make you nervous? I have to give a presentation for work tomorrow (that is right Saturday) at 8:00 in the am to a group of high school students. These are not your regular high school students though, these are very bright students that are attending a summer long camp at a Nuclear Research company, and I have to talk to them about the organization that I work for. Doesn't sound like such a hard thing to do, but I have only worked here for a year, and there are still lots of things I don't know... and I am worried about the questions that they might ask me.

I have a standard presentation that is given at these types of things from work, and I have been practising all week...yet I still can't shake the nerves. I also have a killer outfit to wear, which may sound silly...but it will boost my confidence a bit (I guess if I think I LOOK professional then I feel a bit more professional). I have never been a huge fan of public speaking, yet at work this will be the third presentation I have given to an outside group...so I should be getting used to it right?? Here is hoping ;)

2 comments:

Thérèse said...

Third time's the charm.

Trust me, I know how you feel. ;)

Anonymous said...

how did you do, bet it went great.