July 12, 2005

Great Day - Reason #1

I had a FABULOUS day yesterday...seriously.


So I started by getting up at 5:15am....should be illegal, but I did it anyway. I had to bus for 30 minutes to join a friend of mine at a learn to run clinic that started yesterday morning. Got there, realized how much smaller EVERY other girl that was doing this learn to run clinic was and was a bit scared, and nervous that I may not be able to keep up with these gals...really wanted to back out...but I had already paid and there was no getting you money back...guess I was stuck.

So the trainer goes over good running posture with us and we head out for a quick walk to the trail we will be running on. She takes us through some AMAZING stretches and lets us know that we will be starting the program today with a 4 minute run, 1 minute walk cycle. I realize that I have done this before...but at my pace, what is my pace compared to the pace of these other girls. So we buddy up and start the run...4 minutes flies by, actually the whole hour flew by and before I knew it we were done and I was still alive :) Actually I found the pace a bit slow and noticed I wasn't huffing and puffing near as much as some of the smaller girls. This is when I realized that just because someone is smaller than me they are not necessarily in better shape...I can't wait for tomorrow's class (too bad it means getting up at 5:15 again).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

carolyn just go to bed early so you dont get so tired, or it will catch up to you.& you know what happens when you dont get your sleep, you will look good but be crankey