July 21, 2005

Today can ONLY get better

Holy camole! Yesterday was an all around craptacular day. To start off with, after running (which was great) I went to work and prepared to get my shower...lovely convenience having a shower at work...and I realized that I forgot my brush. For you people out there that have lovely curly locks and don't require brushes...I wish I were you yesterday. Straight, tangley hair is not fun to deal with when you have no brush...I had it in a VERY MESSY pony tail all day. So that sounds kinda bad...oh wait it gets worse.

So I get out of the shower and deal with the messy hair and go to get dressed...looking forward to the fun outfit I had prepared for the day (consisting of clothes which I haven't been able to wear in 2 years, and yes they are still cool, or atleast I hope they are) when I realize...WTF?...Wait no....seriously?!? I forgot a freaking bra! Oh man! Well I had my sports bra...sweaty wet BLACK sports bra, and I decided that would have to do. I was lucky that I was wearing a shirt that didn't allow any sight of what was going on underneath it. So that is how the day started.

So how did it end? WORSE. I decided that I was not going to go to the gym after work yesterday cause my legs needed a bit of a break...plus I had gone running that morning. So I was on the bus on my way home by 4:30 (instead of the usual 6:30 or 7:00) and VERY excited about getting some cleaning done at the apartment and organizing the last few boxes of stuff. I get home and open my bag to grab my keys and it hits me...your keys are in the hoodie you wore to the gym this morning...which is on your desk! MOTHERF*&^$! So if this was a month ago, no big deal, I lived 5 minutes (walking) away from work. Now I live 30 minutes (by BUS) away from work...but I remember Josh is off work at 5:00 and he will be home soon...wow that was a close one, it would have really sucked to have to go all teh way back to town. So I resort to cleaning up the back yard (patch of grass) that has some nasty weeds and weird looking wrappers that blew in from neighbouring yards, and it hits me! JOSH HAS KARATE AFTER WORK...TILL 7:30....FRIG. He has a 1 hour break in between work and his class in which time he usually just sticks around the shopping area by his work since Karate is only steps away...so I jump on a bus and go to the nearest bus station with a phone and try to call the cell phone (cause it is now 5:20 which means he is done work)...DAMN IT the cell phone is not turned on. Now I have to decide if I go to find josh and get the car, or do I go back downtown and get my keys. I decide that I don't want to have to go back for josh when Karate is done...so back to downtown I go. I get my keys, hop on a bus, transfer busses (cause the bus that goes by my house stops running from downtown at 6:00) and get home at 7:20....so much for my relaxing evening...

On a happier note, Casey is still on Canadian Idol, and that made me happy! Yeah she wasn't fabulous on Tuesday, but she usually is, and she is just so darn loveable!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you had a real bad day, but did it end better