July 20, 2005

Running away the pounds!

Running on Monday morning was TOUGH! The humidex made it feel like 38 degrees at 6:30 in the morning AND the humidity was near 95%, making it difficult to be able to breathe...but I made it through! There was a girl that couldn't run the entire last bit, so I went back with her and ran at a slower pace so she didn't have to be alone. In about 3 minutes, two other girls joined us and we encouraged each other to push through it, it was great.

Today running felt awesome. We ran a total of 33 minutes, plus the stretching and walking warm up and cool down. Not to shabby for just 2 weeks of training...we rock! Last night at step class I was burning bad...I think I need to take a rest day tonight to give my legs a break. Usually in step I am breathing pretty heavy but my body feels fine, yesterday I seriously thought that I was going to break my legs were so tense. Probably should have done a bit of a warm up and some stretching first.

So last night was weigh-in at weight watchers. I decided to go back to the meeting that I started out on. Not sure if I mentioned it before but the leader at that meeting was awesome...he unfortunately had to stop being the leader because he got a new position at his real job and had to do a lot of traveling. So I was a bit disappointed that I wouldn't have his smiling face to encourage me. For the last 2 weeks I have been trying other meetings that fit my schedule a bit better to see how they worked out. The first week I went to a meeting close to my house, and the ladies there were almost all about 20 years older than me. Not that that is a bad thing, but I can't relate to them as much.

Last week I tried hitting the lunchtime meeting near work. Only 3 people (including me) actually stayed for the meeting, so it was really boring. Plus when you get rewards at certain weight loss levels, it is no fun if only 2 people see you get them...what can I say I love attention. So even though it meant cutting step class 15 minutes short, I decided to go back to the group that I felt really comfortable with. Crappy thing is...they changed the meeting time on me starting next week and it is earlier. If I want to go to this ww meeting, I have to miss step class all together (30 minutes just doesn't cut it). It usually wouldn't bother me too much to have a reason NOT to go to class, but the girl that teaches on Tuesdays is my favourite...and I will miss her too....ahh decisions decisions.

So, back to weighing in...I was really nervous because I have really been working harder than I ever have as far as the gym goes...and I was hoping to see results on the scale...plus I was getting close to my next 10 pound ribbon. I decided that I would be happy with a 1 pound loss, because it is a pound, and that is a lot of crap out of my body. I stepped up on the scale with my eyes closed, and when I opened them I almost wanted to cry.....in a good way though. 3.5 pounds gone! That put me over my next 10 pound ribbon and 1 pound away from my 10% goal that ww sets for you (they say that if you lose only 10% of your body weight you are already 50% healthier...or something like that). So I was pretty happy. Unfortunately with a different leader comes a different way of doing things, and I didn't get a 10 pound ribbon, only a second 5 pound star. I guess I am supposed to be putting the 5 pound starts on my 10 pound ribbon to see my totals...guess it makes sense? So now I am 36 pounds down. I can't believe it, I am feeling great!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am so happy for you. You are doing awsome. You keep going like this I will taking your hand me downs.

Carolyn said...

Thanks Jode! Maybe I can try to get you hooked when I am home in September?? (To Goodlife that is). Have you tried the gym at your work yet?

Hep said...

Caro,
I don't know if I've mentioned this before but, I love love love reading your blog because it is so inspirational! I can picture everything you are posting about and it makes me want to get up and do something meaningful. And I know I'm certainly not the only one who feels this way.

Carolyn said...

Thanks Gilly I am glad you find it inspiring..that makes me feel all warm and tingly inside:) I hope that I can keep it up!

Evelyn thank you for your support. I love that people I don't even know are willing to give me the support I need as I go through this!